Vuoi vendere o cerchi qualcosa?

Moderatore: Coordinatori

wushu-4-ever
Nuovo Membro
Nuovo Membro

Sale of GhibliWorld collection

Messaggio da wushu-4-ever »

Hi everyone,

This is Peter van der Lugt, editor-in-chief of GhibliWorld.com and I have some news for you.

First the sad news: due to my hectic life I haven’t been able to update the site anymore (as you might have noticed) and recently I have finally decided I am letting go of some items from my GhibliWorld collection (more about why that is later on).

Now for the good news!! As I am letting go of some of them, this is your chance to become the owner of some very special, interesting and limited Studio Ghibli items from Japan.

Which items will go for sale?
Here are some pics of my GhibliWorld collection. More seperate pics of what will go for sale will be found further down below, but first more about the details...

Immagine

Immagine

Why are you offering these here?
Please understand that this is not meant for business, but I just want these items (that I have treasured for a long time) to end up with the right people. So not just a film fan who kinda likes Ghibi, but to find a home at people who really appreciate the Studio Ghibli works.

What about pricing?
Prices can be found next to each item down below. Nope, I am not giving them away for free (they cost me a looooot of money), but I am certainly not asking incredible high prices either (sometimes cel art is available on eBay for almost 900 dollars). These are fair prices I ask for items that are highly exclusive and limited (and if I’d put them up on eBay and take my time would bring up double of what I am asking).

So why are you selling parts of your collection?
That’s a typical one... One of my best friends (that’s my dog, a Japanese akita inu) deserves to get a girlfriend. Getting him a girlfriend doesn’t mean just any dog, but a very special akita inu which will cost a quite a large amount of money. As you might have guessed by now.... the money brought up by selling these items from my GhibliWorld collection will be used to get my four legged friend a very, very special Japanese girlfriend! ^_^

So does that mean I don’t like Ghibli films anymore? No, I still adore them a lot and watch them regularly, but these items are just sitting around in my library and deserve a better home now.

Yes, I am interested. What now?
Let’s keep it easy. Drop me an e-mail at petervanderlugt@ghibliworld.com telling me what item you’d like own and we’ll arrange things from there. I’ll do things on first-come-first-serve basis so I fo you’re interested, then it might be handy to contact me asap (on the other hand, if an item has been sold, I’ll add that info to the list)

What about shipping?
That’s something we need to add as well. As I don’t know uphand where each of the buyers are living, I don’t know yet what shipping costs will be. I live in the Netherlands and for shipping packaging will of course be super duper protective and we’ll together deside on what kind of shipping we’ll use (faster means more expensive, slower means cheaper).

Whisper of the Heart / Mimi wo Sumaseba limited edition hand painted cel art
One of my favorites! A very special limited piece of cel art of Whisper of the Heart / Mimi wo Sumaseba. This hand panted piece has been beautifully made and its details are impressive. It was only to be gotten one place in the world: the Ghibli Museum in Mitaka, Japan.

Price: 385 euro
Immagine

Grave of the Fireflies / Hotaru no Haka limited edition hand painted cel art
Just like the Whisper of the Heart cel, this is one of my favorites as well! A very special limited piece of cel art of Grave of the Fireflies / Hotaru no Haka. This hand painted piece has been beautifully made and its details are impressive. It was only to be gotten one place in the world: the Ghibli Museum in Mitaka, Japan.

Price: 385 euro
Immagine

Spirited Away / Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi limited edition cel art
A special limited piece of cel art of Academy Award winner Spirited Away. This piece was also only to be gotten in one place in the world (Ghibli Museum in Mitaka, Japan) and shows one of the scenes at the end of the film when No-Face and Sen take a train to visit Zeniba.

Price: 320 euro
Immagine

Kiki’s Delivery Service limited edition layout cel
Framed layout art + copy of the original cel from Studio Ghibli’s official Layout Exhibition which was held from July 26th - September 28th, 2008 at the Museum of Contemporary Art of Tokyo.

Price: 125 euro
>>>>>>>>>> You can see it in the picture of my collection. Separate PICTURE TO FOLLOW SOON!!

Only Yesterday limited edition layout cel
Framed layout art + copy of the original cel from Studio Ghibli’s official Layout Exhibition which was held from July 26th - September 28th, 2008 at the Museum of Contemporary Art of Tokyo.

Price: 125 euro
>>>>>>>>>> You can see it in the picture of my collection. Separate PICTURE TO FOLLOW SOON!!

MORE INFO AND PICTURES TO FOLLOW. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE PM OR E-MAIL ME (petervanderlugt@ghibliworld.com)!
luca-san
Susuwatari
Susuwatari

Re: Sale of GhibliWorld collection

Messaggio da luca-san »

Hi Peter, sorry for reading this, I think this a very good idea because here are very respecful fans of Ghibli's works.
"Ponyo Ponyo Ponyo sakana no ko Aoi umi kara yatte kita..."
wushu-4-ever
Nuovo Membro
Nuovo Membro

Hey Luca,

Well.... it's not really something sad. I think I don't need to tell many of you that I simply adore Studio Ghibli's works (I didn't spend that much time on GhibliWorld.com for nothing ^_^). It's just that these items, as beautiful as they are, currently don't get the "love" they deserve and I think the money they would bring would be better spend on getting my Junya a girlfriend dog. ^_^

Ah, and yes I know there are indeed respectful Ghibli fans over here, that's exactly why I posted it here. ;)
Heimdall
Tanuki

Messaggio da Heimdall »

Topic moved to the right place. ;)
Immagine
wushu-4-ever
Nuovo Membro
Nuovo Membro

Update: all 3 cels have been sold